Jerry DePoy

Who is Jerry DePoy?

Jerry DePoy is a man who has a huge perspective on life and still learning something new and better every day. Yes, that me!

Contended of the life that I own now, with regret and gratitude in my heart and a loving family with my three daughters, the love of my life, my wife, and exceptional friends who were always there to support me when I felt life had kicked me pretty hard.

There are various things I wondered about time, loss, death, etc., and I wanted to discover the answers on my own.

My personal beliefs:

I always believed that people must know what lies beneath their scars.

We are all unique individuals, each with our personalities, likes, and dislikes. So why do we so often find ourselves in the same situations over and over again?

Is it possible that there is something more to our lives than just what we can see? Could it be that we are all following a predetermined path laid out for us by some higher power? Or is it simply that we are creatures of habit? No matter what the reason, it's interesting to think about how our lives might be different if we made a few different choices along the way.

I was a man who believed that more is better, and the larger the possessions you have, the great your life is. But my daughters taught me one of the valuable lessons of life.

Let me share this with you.

We have a tradition in our house at birthdays and celebrations everyone has to share their favorite memory, and it was my daughter's turn. 

My first daughter's favorite memory was a simple walk behind our house where we discovered a mulberry tree, and I helped her climb up and pick some berries.

 My second daughter Ambria recalled the memory when we all went snowboarding together at Bittersweet. She told us how we were both learning, and I felt a lot.

Jerry DePoy

Then there was Ashlyn's turn. She recalled the memory of White Water Rafting, overcoming her fears of heights, climbing mountains, and going on a cruise together. 

Another memory stood out as well. Last winter, in Jackson Hole. Ambria had struggled to overcome her hesitation on the steep slopes. She traded her snowboard in for Teresa's skis, and we took the lift to the top of the moderate run. Immediately, she fell. Twice. Three times. Then, in tears, she unlatched her skis and surrendered. I sat down beside her in the snow. I said, "I know it's frustrating."

"It is," she agreed with a sniffle and nod of her head as she rubbed at her eyes with one mitten-covered hand before wiping at them again angrily with both hands.

I informed her that as long as she is not willing to give up, I will be there with her and walk together.

But she also added, "And every morning when I wake up early, and we're alone together in the living room. We usually talk or watch the Bucket List Family, or even go on a secret run to Biggby to get smoothies!". 

That was her best memory.

These are the sacred memories my daughter holds. Simple yet profound enough to display the strong bonding between our family members.

If you want to listen to the full podcast of Jay Depoy, you can visit the website.

Visit our website to get more information related to Pastor.

Comments