Jay DePoy

Everything about Jay DePoy

From a very younger age, a man who believed that always the bigger the possessions are- the bigger and luxurious life you have and that ultimately defines your success. A man who believed that if the crowd is not following you, you are just walking.

Jay DePoy

Looking back in time, I Jay DePoy realized that it's not that if a huge crowd walks behind you 

it's the courage to keep walking alone matters.

I was walking alone, embracing the beauty of nature, looking at the impenetrable walls getting crushed away when a seedling decides to grow in that particular cracking of the wall; realizing that ultimately it's not the bigger things in life that counts but the ability to notice smaller things and work on them to transform them to a better state.

So if you ask me what I want to do with my life at the age of nearly my late forties, I can give you an exact answer, something that was not the charter of jay when he was in his twenties.

So what do I want to do! 

I want to create a circle. Yes, just a circle with a smaller number of voices centered on me. I want to enjoy my dinner at the table, which does not have only physical food for your stomach but also the soul food of truth and love and forgiveness as the dessert.

I wanted to create a circle with unexpected crowds enjoying Sunday smiles in Muskegon. I wanted to be a Pastor of change using my voice and resources like a microphone to connect with the people and know that a revolution is in hand just by their clapping.

Yes, I want to create a circle like that.

But I am not always sure as I sound right now. I often found myself asking the question that what if there won't be any circle?

This realization hits me pretty hard! Then I realized that I could find my circle in the heeling voices of Mariah and Ambria and Ashlyn, my three daughters and my mom and dad and Jennifer and Janelle and Jonathan?

With these people around Jesus and me in the center, I can build a circumference of healing and forgiveness. I slowly begin to understand that I will never understand my mission in life until I first understand my true identity. 

Yes, I was on a criminal Jail record. I was an average student with so many notorious actives being plotted by me, cheated on exams, suspended many times, and let people down.

But that is not only the thing that defines me.

I am a proud father of my three daughters, a loving husband, and a person who is constantly walking with broken people, knowing the people outside of "accepted" circles experiencing mental illness, addiction relapse, and listening to their stories.

But that's the mission to keep going! To keep loving! To keep forgiving and seeking forgiveness. 

Visit the website to study the full blog of Jerry Depoy.

Comments